Free Local Delivery On Orders Over $299

Envínate, 'Benje Blanco' Listán Blanco 2020
Spain / White

Envínate, 'Benje Blanco' Listán Blanco 2020

Regular price
Sale price
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
Shipping calculated at checkout.

2 left in stock

Notes from José Pastor Selections:

"Envínate (“wine yourself”) is the brainchild of Laura Ramos, Jose Martínez, Roberto Santana and Alfonso Torrente, four friends who met while studying winegrowing at the University of Miguel Hernández in Alicante. Their work, both in the vineyard and winery, is focused on exploring the ancient, Atlantic-infused terruños of Ribeira Sacra and the Canary Islands, as well as exceptional vineyard plots across the Iberian Peninsula. The Envínate philosophy is simple: allow each parcel to fully express itself in the finished wine by utilizing old-fashioned farming and winemaking methods. The results are some of the most exciting wines being produced in Spain today.

The Benje wines are from vineyards in and around Santiago del Teide, high on the northwestern volcanic slopes of the island of Tenerife. The viticulture is very old fashioned: the vines grow untrained, the soil is worked by hand, and no chemicals are used. The island experiences a fairly temperate climate, enabling grapes to ripen at moderate alcohol levels while retaining bright acidity. The main challenges to viticulture are winds from the Atlantic and Africa and fluctuations in humidity. This Benje Blanco is sourced from vines aged 70-100 years old."

Ycoden-Daute-Isora DO
Canary Islands
Listán Blanco
Practicing organic
Volcanic sand
85% of the fruit is pressed directly off the skins, the other 15% is skin macerated for 6 days below 23C. The wine is then fermented and raised 70% in concrete under flor and 30% in 228L & 600L old French barrels for 8 months on fine lees without battonage.